Sunday 15 February 2015

Chapter 2 : Computer Generated Designs


 A few years ago when I took my photography course we spent a session designing, mostly little more than playing, and so it was great fun to return to using the computer in that way. The first image in this sequence (2:21) is one of the experiments from that time and strangely enough the flowing loops and spirals here are what I found myself making on my mono-printing on paper and as you'll see later on fabric.

2:21
Below is the same  flowing looping line this time tried out using Scribbler Too.
2:22
And now back to Photoshop where I've modified a simple drawing of four spirals and then simply played with a number of treatments.  It's been possible to vary the thickness of the brush from thick and floppy to the delicate mark created by a single hair.  The spirals' tones can be made more muted,(2:24) or gorgeously alight (2:26), fragmented (2:24), beaded (2:28) or deeply textural (2:27).


2:23

2:24
2:25
2:26

2:27
Now for more fragmentation, the spiral ripple in a pool and below 2:29 four examples of the shapes being manipulated - whirled, stretched and contracted.


2:29
2:28

2:30
2:31

2:33
2:32


1 comment:

  1. Love the embossed 2.27 image, for me embossed gives a great dimension and feeling of photos that is not initially seen..enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete