Monday 22 June 2020

Machine Stitched Grid

Again the same range of soft blues and whites in this machine stitched grid. The contrasts are subtle. I used two threads, one soft white the other variegated blues. I used them in two ways.  Firstly by way of emphasis -- blue on blue, white on white. Secondly as a contrast, blue on white, white on blue and this was most noticeable on the withdrawn threads.  


4:6:18


I do like the way the variegated blue thread works on this cloth.  Every now and again I think the colour scheme is too subtle though it does have a surprising range of tints and shades within it.  The variegated thread enables me to extend this colour range and is especially effective where the deepest shade randomly outlines part of the squares., though the image below also shows imperfections in the stitching.


4:6:19

No comments:

Post a Comment