Friday 29 July 2011

Day 4

The second of my pears and arranged at a different angle. Again the comfort blanket of the 5B pencil, but tried to show a difference between the character of the lines -- at times holding the pencil sketchily and at others more vertically and with greater pressure. Also this time applied more pressure to the shading. For the second pear I used a fine waterproof Lettraset pen, having placed guide marks first. Not at all happy with the result -- too much already on the page and I only succeeded in creating a muddle. The second go (stuck on top of the first) used the fine pen to enhance a pencil outline. This dual step will help bridge my way to using pen on its own. I like the sense of 3D and the detailing achieved at the base of the pear.

No comments:

Post a Comment