As I've remarked before I've been working on Module 2 for some time. Recently, however, I've settled into a more productive phase and I'm beginning to feel that the joys of making my collar are on the horizon.
When I started this module many more samples of the paper method were given, the final two quite challenging to accuracy. Thankfully, though attractive and certainly food for thought, only the two below are now needed, though as I have plenty of photocopies left I may try to achieve the final stages of those two.
Paper Sample 1: Keyboard
Paper Sample 2: Chequer Board
Fabric Sample 1: Mosaic Pattern
Interesting effects are achieved by this method: ragged star shapes are created by the intersection of many seams. I think I may have cut some diagonals too sharply, resulting in very ragged outside edges which were difficult to reattach and seam, although rather nice irregular tassels hung off those edges. Had I cut the sample differently I could have seamed and re-seamed far more. A further interesting touch was using black thread on the spool and white in the bobbin creating a maze of random lines.