Sunday 31 July 2011

Day 5


I'm amazed to hear myself rave about the effects of sponging a small page with Koh-I-Noor. Sadly the scan doesn't do justice to the rich pear-skin colours --yellow, orange, red. I had also hoped sponging would replicate the stippling on the pear's skin, but the colours have bled into each other. Beneath the colour is Sarah Raven's recipe for Poached Pears -- delicious. Over the top, first in pencil then in ink are the pears -- individually not "in pairs", one disappearing off the page. I like this cropping idea leaving things half-hidden. The cross-hatching needs much, much more work -- not subtle enough, the transitions too marked. Pares, pairs as well as pears sprang to mind and I've added these along the curves. Lots of scope for drawing/text interplay. I'll keep a list of ideas on the opposite page.




No comments:

Post a Comment