Tuesday 17 October 2017

Using Your Time Well

So here I am again, using writing to try and establish what's going on.  The "just do it" mantra has worn thin of late and though I have a number of half started projects, the materials laid out ready on trays, the impetus to move on with them isn't there.  This feeling isn't trivial: it's the result of layers of concern and upset brought about by the death of friends, a neighbour's palliative care and my niece's late breast cancer diagnosis.  All this woven through with my elderly mother-in-law's reluctance to move into care.  These events are happening now, and they are quite enough, but their existence also wakens the past linking the two in a connective web which twists and tightens at the most inopportune moments.  It brings emotion too close to the surface, making all but the simplest things hard work.  I've called this post "Using Your Time Well" and that, especially given the circumstances, is still my intention but I'm not quite sure how to re-engage my creative drive.

2 comments:

  1. I' m so sorry you have such a lot of heart ache just now.Give yourself time and don't rush to try to get on with things.Things will wait and you will know when you are ready to be creative,take care of yourself.Jenn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you Lesley with so many hard things to deal with. To be creative needs a relaxed mind that doesn't have to deal with a thousand and one other things. The actual extra work is less trouble than finding a clear space in your thoughts. Be kind to yourself and rest. As Jen says, you will know when you are ready to be creative. Love and hugs, Catherine x

    ReplyDelete